We are looking for
The Business Economics Group at Wageningen University is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor Economics of Food Supply Chains.
We ask candidates to apply if they are looking for an academic appointment in the domain of economics of food supply chains. Responsibilities for this position include teaching courses on quantitative economic methods and business economics at undergraduate and graduate levels; the exact portfolio of courses depends on the specific experience and skills of the candidate. The candidate is expected to develop an internationally recognised research program in the domain of quantitative economic analysis of firms in food supply chains. The successful candidate is expected to generate external financial support for this research and undertake innovative education projects.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor in the Business Economics group you are expected to have:
- a PhD in (applied) economics or business economics;
- interest and expertise in addressing the financial or economic dimensions of the food chain relationships from a firm-level perspective;
- preferably some years of experience in a similar position or as a postdoctoral researcher;
- proven ability to publish in peer reviewed scientific journals;
- the ability to work in international research teams;
- excellent (interpersonal) communication and writing skills;
- excellent didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students at BSc, MSc and PhD level.
Tenure Track is a career path for hardworking scientists who pursue to excel in education and research. We seek to attract scientific talent and to stimulate and support their development. The career path consists of a number of successive career steps from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor to possibly Personal Professor. Excellent performance and seniority can be rewarded with an appointment as Associate Professor.
We offer a temporary 7 year contract for 38 hours per week (fulltime), which can lead to a permanent employment contract. You also have the opportunity to work 40 hours a week with additional holidays.
The yearly salary before taxes ranges between € 50758 to € 78935 (fulltime employment as an assistant professor) or between € 70324 to € 94000 (fulltime employment as an associate professor), depending on experience and expertise.
In addition we offer
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% fixed-year allowance
• excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions;
• in consultation with colleagues flexible working hours and vacations can be settled so that an optimal balance between work and private is possible;
• An excellent pension scheme via ABP;
• 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase and good supplementary leave arrangements and an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions and a bicycle plan;
• You can make use of the sports facilities available on campus against a small fee
There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a creative learning environment.
For more information about Tenure Track within our university please have a look at https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Why-choose-Wageningen-University-Research/Your-development-in-focus/Tenure-Track.htm
Are you interested to hear more details about the role? Please feel free to contact prof. Alfons Oude Lansink (Alfons.Oudelansink@wur.nl), +31-317485194)
Please apply online by uploading your CV, three reference letters and letter of application describing your background and fit to the job description before the 1st of July 2019 through www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm
The mission of our University is“To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
The Business Economics Group is one of the chair groups in the university comprising 12 faculty and around 30 PhD candidates. The research of this group focuses on evaluation of the economic performance and investments of firms in food supply chains, risk management, and economics of animal health, plant health and food safety. The research domain encompasses all economic actors in international food supply chains. The group conducts research for national and international government institutions (e.g. EU and ERA-NET financed projects) and actively participates in international networks of researchers. More information about the Business Economics Group can be found at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Business-Economics-Group.htm
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.