Studying and preparing for exams can be quite stressful as any student knows. WUR Library has recently acquired some encouraging books to help boost your happiness and well-being. The books are all chosen and recommended by the Surf your Stress team. You are welcome to borrow them from the Library!
Huh?! : the Dutch art of flip-thinking, by Berthold Gunster
Grit : why passion and resilience are the secrets to success, by Angela Duckworth
Other selected books
- De prestatiegeneratie: een pleidooi voor middelmatigheid; by Jeroen van Baar
- Mindset; by Carol S. Dweck
- The upside of stress : why stress is good for you, and how to get good at it; by McGonigal, K.
- De edele kunst van not giving a f*ck : de tegendraadse aanpak voor een goed leven; by Mark Manson
- The seven habits of highly effective people : restoring the character ethic; by Stephen R. Covey
- Grip : het geheim van slim werken; by Rick Pastoor
- The happiness trap : stop struggling, start living (e-book); by Russ Harris
The Surf your Stress team organises activities about stress and work load and how to manage them. The Student Training & Support platform offers a variety of workshops, trainings, events and other facilities to stimulate and enhance student well-being, health and happiness. See their website for a complete overview.
Series online bookshelves
The Surf your Stress team selected the books for this bookshelf on well-being. In the coming months WUR Library will offer more online bookshelves on related subjects, for example, information literacy, scientific writing and presentation skills.