We'd like to invite you for a lunch meeting on 24 November in Impulse on the possibilities, and the pros and cons of Open Access publishing.
This lunch meeting is organised by Science Group AFSG and Wageningen University & Research - Library.
With Open Access, the possibilities to disseminate your research are quickly growing. The European Union and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research NWO are now mandating Open Access publishing for projects they fund. Find out what your possibilities are for publishing Open Access. This lunch meeting will give you the latest update on practical issues that are relevant for AFSG staff and PhD candidates.
Venue: Speakers Corner/Impulse
Date and time: Thursday 24 November, from 12.30 - 1.30 pm.
Introduction by Marcel Zwietering
Presentation by Anna Besse-Lototskaya on the following topics:
- What is Open Access? Green, gold and hybrid
- Pros and Cons of Open Access Publishing
- Requirements from research funding organizations
- Where can I get funding for Open Access publishing?
- Quality of Open Access journals and predatory publishers
- Open Access for AFSG journals
Personal encounters with Open Access by Marcel Zwietering.
You are warmly invited to join us. Registration is not required. Lunch will be provided.