If you are a staff member of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) and you are planning to publish a WUR report, you can get a DOI for your publication through a contact person at your department or group. The contact person can request a DOI in 'My Library'. The DOI needs to be added to the report before publication. ISBNs for reports are not necessary anymore nowadays.
How to get a DOI?
Information for contact persons at groups or departments
If you are entitled to request DOIs for your group, you can go to the tile called 'Request DOI/ISBN' on your personal My Library page. Click on the button ' Request new DOI/ISBN' to get a DOI for a WUR report.
- All WUR units have a contact person who is assigned to request DOIs through My Library.
- On the tile in My Library you'll find a Help file, to help you through the procedure.
- Do you have questions about the procedure? Please send us an email. We'll be happy to help you.
- The person who requested the DOI also has to upload the PDF through My Library as well.
- If you are assigned to request DOIs for your group, but you don't have the special tile, named 'Request DOI/ISBN', to do so, please send an email to the Servicedesk.
Why do I need a DOI?
A DOI is a Digital Object Identifier that provides a unique persistent reference to your report. Even if the URL of a publication changes, the DOI will remain the same. Finding WUR reports and referring to them will be easier with a DOI. The DOI replaces the former used e-depot link as an internationally accepted identifier. The DOI is not active before the embargo ends. Check the DOI website for background information.
Do I need an ISBN for reports?
Nowadays the ISBN for reports is replaced by a DOI.
The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique identification number for monographs (e.g. books, theses, proceedings, reports, cd-roms).
If you are preparing a Wageningen University PhD thesis, you will be given DOI and ISBN instructions by the Doctorate secretariat of PhD services.