The Library is an inspiring place to study! To ensure a safe learning environment during the current coronavirus pandemic, a number of special measures have been introduced. Find out about access, locations and opening hours.
Location & Access
Forum Library is an inspiring place to study, whether alone or in groups. Forum Library offers:
• 650 study places* • a lounge corner with bean bags and a chess table • group and quiet study rooms • copiers on every floor • books and journals on life, environmental and natural sciences • a study collection with the mandatory literature from all courses • Special Collections (rare and old publications like botanical drawings, maps and aerial photographs.)
*Please note that at the moment study space is limited because of social distancing requirements and not all facilities are available.
Regular opening hours
|Mon - Fri||Weekends|
|Forum Library||8 am - 10 pm||10 am - 6 pm|
|Special Collections||by appointment||closed|
Bring your own Device
At WUR using your own laptop (Bring Your Own Device, BYOD) is the standard in education and for self-study. There are external monitors available in Forum Library you can connect to your laptop to help you work ergonomically. Please note you need to bring your own adapter/cable. There are 20 desktop computers available for students on the second floor in the Forum Library.
If you want to study in the Library, please make sure you reserve a spot in TimeEdit.
To make studying in the Library as safe as possible, we have established a number of rules. Please keep the following in mind when visiting the Library:
- You're required to reserve your study place in TimeEdit .
- A limited number of study places are available
- The group study rooms and the relax corner are closed
- Bring your own device; only a few computers are available
- Follow the instructions from the Library staff
Hygiene: general guidelines
- Stay at home if you have a cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay 1.5 metres (2 arm's length) from other people
- If you sneeze or cough, do so in your elbow
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitizer dispensers that are available in Forum and throughout the Library