Ingrid is Assistant Professor at the Environmental Policy Group at Wageningen University. Ingrid does research in the fields of environmental change, mobilities, and governance, with a focus on the topic of environmental/climate change migration. She has been awarded a personal grant (VENI, NWO) to study environmental migration in the digital age, which she will work on from October 2016-2020.
Since 2007 Ingrid works on the subject of climate migration, studied from the angles of governance, discourse and human geography. She holds a PhD in International Relations, obtained at the University of Kent (UK) in February 2014, on the securitisation of climate migration, funded by the UK Economic Social Research Council. She is research fellow with the Earth System Governance Network; permanent member of the Management Committee of the EU COST ACTION on climate change and migration which ran until 2015; and serves as an expert for the EU, the Dutch Government, the UN and for several NGOs. She co-chaired the international conference on Disclosing Sustainability held at Wageningen University (June 2016), for which she led the theme on citizens and transparency.
Contact at ingrid.boas(at)wur.nl
- Boas, I. (2017) 'Environmental change and human mobility in the digital age, Geoforum, 85, 153-156.
- Biermann, F. and I. Boas (2017) Towards a Global Governance System to Protect Climate Migrants: Taking Stock. In: Research Handbook on Climate Change Migration and Law, EE.
- Stojanov, R.; Boas, I.; Kelman, I.; Duí, B. (2017) Local expert experiences and perceptions of environmentally induced migration from Bangladesh to India, Asia Pacific Viewpoint. doi: 10.1111/apv.12156
- He, Guizhen, I. Boas, A. Mol, and J. Lu (2017) E-participation for Environmental Sustainability in Transitional Urban China, Sustainability Science, 12(2): 187-202.
- Boas, I. and D. Rothe (2016) From conflict to resilience? Explaining recent changes in climate security discourse and practice, Environmental Politics, 25(4): 613-632.
- Boas, I., F. Biermann, and N. Kanie (2016) Cross-sectoral Strategies in Global Sustainability Governance: Towards a Nexus Approach, International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, 16(3): 449-464.
- Boas, I. (2015) Climate migration and security. Securitisation as a strategy in climate change politics. New York: Routledge.
- Boas, I. (2014) Where is the South in security discourse on climate change? An analysis of India, Critical Studies on Security, 2(2): 148-161.
- Biermann, F. and I. Boas (2010) Preparing for a Warmer World: Towards a Global Governance System to Protect Climate Refugees, Global Environmental Politics, 10(1): 60-88.
For a full list see google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1rG3iA0AAAAJ&hl=nl