By integrating the expertise from its chairs in Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics, Sensory Science and Eating Behaviour, Nutrition and Pharmacology, Nutrition and Disease and Nutrition and Health over the Lifecourse, the Division of Human Nutrition has the expertise and facilities to conduct research on
- diet and other life style factors in human health and disease
- the cellular and physiologic mechanisms that support health
- prevention of cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases
- obesity-related syndromes in developed countries
- micro-nutrient malnutrition in developing countries and elderly
Most research is conducted as PhD projects, with PhD candidates embedded in The Graduate School VLAG.
The Division of Human Nutrition and Health participates in TI Food and Nutrition, an alliance of research and industry partners to carry out groundbreaking fundamental research.