Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics
The mission of the Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group is to contribute to a better understanding of the molecular mechanism of action of dietary nutrients and their impact on human health and metabolism. Particular attention is given to the role of dietary lipids and fiber.
- Systems approaches to understand the mechanisms of malnutrition
- Can chronic disease development be counteracted by nutrition-induced effects on gut health?
- Molecular regulation of lipid metabolism
- Precision nutrition in cardiometabolic health
- Nutritional systems biology of the intestine as gatekeeper
- Mechanisms and functional relevance of immune metabolism
We contribute to several bachelor and master programmes.