The chair of QVE is involved in all 3 levels of education: BSc, MSc and PhD. It is possible to perform a Thesis or Internship at our group.
Visit the Study Handbook website for more detailed information about the courses offered by our group.
- QVE-20306 Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics
- QVE-30306 Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology
QVE-30806 Management of Infections and Diseases in Animal Populations
QVE participates in the MSc-specialisations C-Global and Sustainable Production and D-Adaptation, Health and Welfare. At average 10-15 students annually perform their MSc thesis within the chair of QVE or ADP. For information on QVE MSc theses and internships please contact Mart C.M. de Jong.
Some examples of subjects covered in recent years:
- Estimation of Reproduction ratio of neighbourhood spread of bTB in Irish cattle herds
- Effect of antimicrobial treatment of recently acquired subclinical mastitis on occurrence of clinical mastitis in Dutch dairy cows
- Effect of antimicrobial treatment of recently acquired subclinical mastitis during lactation on milk yield and culling
- The effect of animal movement and Bovine Tuberculosis history of the herd on the risk of a positive test outcome
- Risk factors for insect bite hypersensitivity in Friesian horses and Shetland ponies in The Netherlands
- Longitudinal study on lameness in calves and dairy cows
- Q-fever in goat farms: prevalence and risk factors
- Q-fever in veterinarians: prevalence and risk factors
- Q-fever in sheep farms: prevalence and risk factors
- Uterine torsion in horses: effect of several correction methods
- Effect of vaccination against Porcine Circo Virus in pigs
- Clinical trial to investigate the effect of Digiderm+ on Digital Dermatitis prevention in dairy cattle
- Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment for meat-borne Toxoplasma gondii infection in The Netherlands.
- Risk-based strategy to detect antibiotic residues in pork
For topics of current PhD-projects visit the QVE Research page.
Together with the chair group of EZO, QVE organises a WIAS PhD course on mathematical modelling.
Please visit the WIAS website for a schedule of all courses.