This theme focuses, e.g., on the impact of reforms of the EU Common Agricultural Policy; and the effects of increased price volatility on farmers' incomes. New opportunities arise in terms of the analysis of regulations in the Bioeconomy, including safety regulations for novel products; biofuel policies; and their market effects in both developed and developing countries.
- NWO-Biodiversity Works: Exploiting knowledge on habitats used by arthropods to predict value of ESS in agro-landscapes
- Overview of the Agricultural Inputs Sector in the EU. A study for the European Parliament
- de Gorter, H., Drabik, D., and Just, D.R. (2015). The Economics of Biofuel Policies: Impacts on Price Volatility in Grain and Oilseed Markets. Palgrave Studies in Agricultural Economics and Food Policy. Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 316 pages.
- Wesseler, J. and D. Zilberman (2014). The economic power of the Golden Rice opposition, Environment and Development Economics 19 (6): 724-742 (Most downloaded open-access article in this journal with almost 35,000 full text views one year after the online publication date)
- Gardebroek, C. and M.A. Hernandez (2013). Do energy prices stimulate food price volatility? Examining volatility transmission between the US oil, ethanol and corn markets. Energy Economics 40: 119-129 (WASS Best Paper Award; Top 10% most cited papers in the research field)