On the 1st November 2010, dr. Maria Koelen was appointed as the new professor of Health and Society. Her role is to develop scholarly activity in the field of health promotion incorporating the following three perspectives: individual factors and social environment, food production and consumption, and the natural and built environment; a combination that makes a unique research and education profile.
Third year BSc students of Health and Society wrote a summary of the lectures for their course 'Health Policy and Action'.
The PowerPoint presentations of the lectures can be downloaded here:
- Research for Health and Society (opening) - Drs. Hans Saan, Healthy Alternatives.pdf (833,85 kb)
- Towards new forms of evidence in health promotion - Prof.dr. Lawrence Green, University of California.pdf (902,03 kb)
- Linking research evidence on salutogenesis to the development of health promotion practice - Prof.dr. Bengt Lindström, Folkhälsan Research Centre.pdf (4 mb)
- Salutogenic research indicators - Dr. Lynne Kennedy, Glyndwr University and Dr. Lenneke Vaandrager, Wageningen University.pdf (946,81 kb)
- Free advice for Health and Society - Drs. Hans Saan, Healthy Alternatives.pdf (1,19 mb)