When you choose the specialization Politics and Governance of Development within the MSc International Development Studies (MID) you can write your thesis under supervision of staff from Rural and Environmental History.
Students of the BSc International Development Studies (BIN) as well as students following the specialization Politics and Governance of Development within the MSc International Development Studies (MID) can write their Bachelor- or Master-thesis under supervision of staff from Rural and Environmental History.
Possible themes for your thesis
Globalization and inequality ; Growing gap between rich and poor; background of the SDGs; Unfair trade
- Human rights in history Women’s rights movement; Child labour; Slavery, past and present
- Colonial politics, past and present Colonial exploitation; State failure; Independence movements; History of development aid
- The development of International Organizations
History of the United Nations; World Bank; FAO; ILO; IMF
- Governing transitions from rural to urban societies
The Green Revolution; Rural-urban migrations compared
- The politics of the European Union EU and refugee policies; The (un)making of the EU; European agricultural policies
We offer expertise in analysing present-day problems in a long-term perspective, comparing processes and events over time and space. Both quantitative and qualitative methods can be applied. See www.wur.eu/rhi for our research projects.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org