High quality smart food handling, processing and preparation is achieved with automated, data-driven food production and preparation. Aligned to the individual needs of customers and consumers, Wageningen University & Research contributes to accomplishing predictable, reliable, high quality food production based on facts.
Optimization of the production chain
The use of robots for repetitive tasks under harsh conditions - high or low temperatures and humidity, for example - together with flexible, automated handling, processing, sorting and packing, improves the optimization of the food production chain (cost, quality, losses and delivery).
We offer you:
Research, advice, hardware/software prototype development and software functionality design with expert knowledge on:
- Computer vision & 3D product reconstruction
- Agro Food Robotics
- Food informatics (data science and artificial intelligence)
- Packaging technology and materials
- 3D food printing
- Quality preservation & food processing technology
- Supply chain management solutions
- Consumer needs and behaviour