The aim of this work package is to generate barcode sequences from a selected set of genetic regions and for a selected set of relevant/quarantine and related fungi.
To reach this aim we will:
- Establish a prioritized list of all phytopathogenic fungi relevant for the EU to be barcoded.
- Maintain and expand existing collection(s) with relevant fungal isolates.
- Produce data to be used as a decision basis for the choice of 3 fungi barcode genes and regions.
- Evaluate existing or develop new reliable DNA extraction procedures.
- Develop robust primers for PCR amplification of the fungal barcode gene regions.
- Collect barcode data including intra- and interspecies genetic variation on the fungal barcode regions.
- Task 2.1 Selection of targets
- Task 2.2 Selection of barcode regions
- Task 2.3 DNA extractions
- Task 2.4 Generation of protocols for amplification of barcode regions
- Task 2.5 Generation of Barcode sequences.
- D 2.1 List of available fungal Q-organisms and related species (Month 6)
- D 2.2 List of potential barcode regions for selected fungal Q-organisms – five candidate loci (Month 6), workable list of barcode regions – two loci (Month 15)
- D 2.3 Three protocols for DNA extraction for selected fungal Q-organisms (Month 12)
- D 2.4 List of 2 protocols for generic amplification of barcode regions (Month 15)
- D 2.5 At least 110 barcode sequences of the selected fungal Q-organisms and 132 barcode sequences for the related species (Month 34)
- D 2.6 Detailed contingency plan for WP2 (Month 6).