The aim of this work package is to generate barcode sequences from a selected set of genetic regions and for a selected set of relevant quarantine nematodes.
To reach this aim we will:
- Establish a prioritized list of all phytopathogenic nematodes relevant for the EU to be barcoded.
- Produce data to be used as a decision basis for the choice of 2-3 nematode barcode genes and regions.
- Compare and validate reliable DNA extraction procedures.
- Develop robust primers for PCR amplification of the nematode barcode gene regions.
- Collect barcode data including intra- and interspecies genetic variation on the nematode barcode regions.
- Task 5.1 Selection of targets
- Task 5.2 Selection of barcode regions
- Task 5.3 DNA extractions
- Task 5.4 Generation of protocols for amplification of barcode regions
- Task 5.5 Generation of Barcode sequences.
- D 5.1 List of selected nematode Q-organisms (Month 6)
- D 5.2 List of barcode regions for selected nematode Q-organisms (Month 12)
- D 5.3 Two protocols for DNA extraction for selected nematodes Q-organisms (Month 12)
- D 5.4 List of protocols for generic amplification of barcode regions (Month 18)
- D 5.5 About 1600 Barcode sequences of the selected nematode Q-organisms (Month 36)
- D 5.6 Detailed contingency plan for WP5 (Month 6).