The aim of this work package is to generate barcode sequences from a selected set of genetic regions and for a selected set of relevant/quarantine phytoplasms.
To reach this aim we will:
- Establish a prioritized list of all phytopathogenic phytoplasms relevant for the EU to be barcoded.
- Maintain and expand existing collection with relevant phytoplasma isolates.
- Produce data to be used as a decision basis for the choice of 3 phytoplasma barcode genes and regions.
- Develop reliable DNA extraction procedures.
- Develop robust primers for PCR amplification of the phytoplasma barcode gene regions
- Collect barcode data including intra- and interspecies genetic variation on the phytoplasma barcode regions (3 regions).
- Task 7.1 Availability collections and taxonomic data from non-partners
- Task 7.2 Maintenance and expansion of collection at UB and INRA
- Task 7.3 Selection of targets
- Task 7.4 Selection of barcode regions
- Task 7.5 DNA extractions
- Task 7.6 Generation of protocols for amplification of barcode regions
- Task 7.7 Generation of Barcode sequences.
- D 7.1 Access to non-partners collections and taxonomic expertise and information for selected Q-organisms. Seven named non-partners will be contacted (Month 6)
- D 7.2 Collection of all relevant phytoplasms from about 30 taxonomic groups (Month 6)
- D 7.3 List of selected phytoplasma Q-organisms (Month 6)
- D 7.4 List of barcode regions for selected phytoplasma Q-organisms (Month 9)
- D 7.5 Protocols (3-5) for DNA extraction for selected phytoplasma Q-organisms (Month 9)
- D 7.6 Three protocols for generic amplification of barcode regions (Month 12)
- D 7.7 Barcode sequences of the selected phytoplasma Q-organisms (at least 420 DNA sequences) (Month 30)
- D 7.8 Detailed contingency plan for WP7 (Month 6).