The Scientific Committee of the Manure Act (CDM) has been established to advise and give recommendations to the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture & Innovation on issues dealing with the adaptation of the manure Act.
The topics include:
- application standards for nitrogen and phosphorus,
- fertilizer recommendations for nitrogen,
- nitrogen and phosphorus excretion by livestock,
- gaseous losses from housing and manure storage,
- method to calculate ammonia emission from agriculture in the Netherlands,
- agricultural and environmental assessment of products to be used as fertilizer,
- assessment of products to be used for co-digestion,
- assessment of manure treatment installations,
- future view of livestock farming systems,
- scientific underpinning of derogation request for Nitrates Directive, and
- scientific review of reports and research.
The advices and reports are public.