The Scientific Committee on Nutrient Management Policy (CDM) was established to advise and give recommendations to the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture on issues dealing with the manure and ammonia policies.
The topics include:
- application standards for nitrogen and phosphorus,
- fertilizer recommendations for nitrogen,
- nitrogen and phosphorus excretion by livestock,
- gaseous losses from housing and manure storage,
- method to calculate ammonia emission from agriculture in the Netherlands,
- agricultural and environmental assessment of products to be used as fertilizer,
- assessment of products to be used for co-digestion,
- scientific underpinning of derogation request for Nitrates Directive,
- scientific review of reports and rearch
The advices and reports are public.