- 15-17 February 2017: joint conference SUSPENSE and Global Certifiying partnerships of Maastricht University
- 25-26 April: Annual SUSPENSE meeting 2016 in Wageningen,the Netherlands
9-13 February 2015: Annual SUSPENSE meeting in Krabi, Thailand
10-14 February 2014: Annual SUSPENSE meeting in Pekanbaru, Indonesia.
- 13 January 2013: Business-Science Meeting: ‘Towards Environmentally Sustainable and Equitable Palm Oil’. Invitees from food and agri-business: Jan Kees Vis, Unilever; Caroline Sikking, Cargill Europe; and Hidde van Kersen, IOI Loders Croklaan
- 7 December 2012: SUSPENSE program meeting. The aims of this meeting were to provide an opportunity for every PhD researcher to briefly present the key elements of his or her PhD proposal and to further contribute to greater coherence and interdisciplinary at program level
- 16-17 October 2012: Course on Action Oriented Research. Organized by Greetje Schouten, Public Administration and Policy Group (PAP) and Dieuwke Klaver of the Centre for Development Innovation (CDI). Guest presentation by Luli Pesqueira of Utrecht University/Oxfam Novib.
- 29-30 August 2012: SUSPENSE Programme kick-off meeting. Guest presentations on key issues and trends in the palm oil sector by Arjen Brinkmann (consultant at Brinkmann consultancy) and Marieke Leegwater (programme manager palm oil at Solidaridad)