Determination of the properties that characterize a good structured soil.
Structure and Texture Measurements
- Aggregate Stability: Determination of stability of soil aggregates in wet sieving apparatus
- Atterberg limits: Determination of the Plasticity Limit, Liquid Limit with the Casagrande apparatus, and the Plasticity Index.
- Gravimetrical method: Determination of water content and dry bulk density. NEN5781/ISO11272
- Organic Matter: Determination of Glow Loss and a near approximation of Organic Matter. NEN5754
- Pore Volume: Determination of the volume of the pores in undisturbed soil samples
- Texture analysis: Determination of the grain size distribution with the pipette method and by sieving
- Uniaxial test (compression test): Determination of compression and pressure head in time at different applied mechanical forces up to 7 bar
- X-ray Tomography: Determination of 3D pore structure of various porous media