Urbanised regions are home to a large portion of the world population, living under increasing pressure of current and future global change – including climate change, population growth and increasing economic activities.
Specific urbanised areas that are under pressure are deltas. In deltas, we focus on:
- Management of tidal rivers;
- Agriculture (often in increasingly brakish/ salty conditions);
- Climate-resilient pathways in delta management: how can we make use of natural dynamics in deltas for management and planning of deltas (including room for the river/ room for agriculture);
- Nature-Based Solutions for flood protection and building with nature;
- Smart environmental monitoring, evaluation and data collection.