The instructions of habitat mapping and recording on this website are taken from the Maual for Habitat and Vegetation Surveillance and Monitoring: Temperate, Mediterranean and Desert Biomes by Bunce, R.G.H., Bogers, M.M. B., Roche, P., Walczak, M. Geijzendorffer., I.R. and R.H.G. Jongman. 2011.
For a full understanding of the method we recommend to read this. The pages here below are designed to give an overview of the methodology.
The instructions are divided as follows:
- General instructions
- Mapping of individual elements
- Recording of areal elements
- Recording of linear elements
- Recording of point elements
- Recording of vegetation in sample plots
The three PowerPoints below were used in several training sessions and can be downloaded here for further reference: