A platform for collecting and sharing information on climate change adaptation in Europe.
The European Climate Adaptation Platform Climate-ADAPT is a partnership between the European Commission and the European Environment Agency (EEA). Climate-ADAPT is maintained by the EEA with the support of the European Topic Centre on Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation (ETC/CCA).
Climate-ADAPT aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change helping users to access and share data and information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
- EU, national and transnational adaptation strategies and actions
- Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
- Tools that support adaptation planning
Climate-ADAPT organizes information under the following main entry points:
- EU Policy: EU Adaptation Policy, Adaptation in EU Policy Sectors (Agriculture, Biodiversity, Coastal areas, Forestry, Water management, Marine and fisheries, Ecosystem-based Approaches, Disaster Risk Reduction, Buildings, Energy, Transport, Health, Urban), EU Regional Policy
- Countries, Transnational regions, Cities
- Knowledge: Topics, Data and indicators, Research and innovation projects, Tools, Practice,
- European Climate and Health Observatory (accessible through "Knowledge")
The platform includes a database that contains quality checked information that can be easily searched.