Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation welcomes all mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to develop their knowledge and skills on sustainable & inclusive food systems through our short courses. Depending on your financial situation, you can apply as a scholarship candidate or as a self-funded participant. Unfortunately, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation has no budget for financial support but we provide you support to obtain a scholarship from Nuffic.
The Application Procedure
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship at the beginning of the scholarship cycle.
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators' schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
Technology Requirements Online Learning
The short courses of 2021 are offered online. Minimum technical and software requirements for online learning courses are:
- Stable internet connection: required to access the online learning platform and assignments (at least 3G mobile network).
- Hardware requirement: acces to a laptop, smartphone, tablet or a personal computer with webcam and microphone.
Detailed information and the application criteria can be found under 'Scholarship Information'.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiates different programmes for individual scholarships. The selection of these scholarships is done by Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for facilitating the internationalisation of education.
The most common programmes are the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) and MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP). Depending on your nationality, Nuffic's selection criteria and your countries plan of implementation, you are welcome to attend one of our online short courses by means of these scholarships.
Please note that you separately need to apply for the scholarship in Nuffic's registration system DELTA. We will send you all required instructions to do so within the OKP or MSP-registration letter. Be aware that the scholarship application period closes at least 6 months before the actual start of the course and is spread over three different time periods a year.
We recommend you to start your application well in advance as the application process requires time and the following documents:
- Copy of your international passport, valid until at least three months after the scholarship application deadline (PDF)
- Employer statement and a plan of how to implement the acquired knowledge (PDF)
- MSP - Depending on your nationality and profession, some candidates need to provide a Government Statement (PDF). Check the Government statement requirements (PDF).
- OKP - Depending on your nationality and profession, some candidates need to provide a Government Statement (PDF). Check the Government statement requirements (PDF).
If you’re not eligible for any Nuffic-programme or want to avoid the competition, you’re also welcome to apply as a self-funded participant. In this case, tick the box 'I have confirmed sponsor' when filling out the candidate registration form. Please mention your sponsors' name and prepare a letter confirming your sponsorship. You can apply as a self-funded participant until 6 weeks before the start of the course.
After the course coordinator reviewed your application, you will receive an admission letter and an invoice. Your application is assessed on:
- Motivation & Personal Learning Goals
- Relevance to the Course
- Confirmed Sponsorship
Please note, we will only start sending the required travel documents after we received your payment.