It is time to take climate action, but where to start? In this course you will learn how to turn your climate analysis in to adaptation actions to strengthen food security and natural resource management. Without appropriate responses, climate change will further impact sectors such as agriculture, fisheries, forestry and landscape management in many southern countries. But if you plan for it, effective adaptation to climate change is possible!
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Have full understanding of the key concepts related to climate change;
- Be able to analyse the interlinkages between climate change, food security and natural resources management;
- Get familiar with participatory tools and methods for assessing climate vulnerabilities and that facilitate the process of taking joint climate action;
- Become inspired by practical adaption strategies from around the world such as climate smart agriculture, agroforestry and ecosystems based approaches;
- Develop inclusive adaptation strategies that contribute to food security and sustainable natural resource management;
- Be able to assess your own role as a practitioner and develop your personal action plan to integrate your newly acquired knowledge and skills into your daily work.
For whom is this course?
Participants should be experienced professionals or practitioners with several years of working experience in the fields of agriculture, food security, natural resources management, forestry, rural development, sustainable development or other relevant areas. Proficiency in English is required.
Course programme in more detail
During this course you will get an in-depth understanding of the interlinkages between climate change, food security and natural resource management. We will provide you with practical and participatory tools which allows you to assess who and what in your landscape is vulnerable to climate impacts. This will give you a better insight into possible adaptation strategies as well as which stakeholders to involve. Besides the local level, the course will also focus on the policy level. You will familiarize yourself with policy documents, publications and climate data to acquire the theoretical knowledge and the skills to translate policy documents and research into climate-smart adaptation strategies at the local level.
Courses are currently online
Our courses are currently online. Check the course details for more information about the online course format.
Application for this course
On top of this page you can apply for the course Climate Change Adaptation in Food Security and Natural Resource Management. Depending on your nationality, your organisation and the type of course you wish to join, your eligibility and the application procedures may differ. Find out more about the requirements and the application process.