Wageningen Food Safety Research plays an important role in advising the national government as well as international government bodies in the area of feed and food safety and reliability.
Our consultancy role includes the following:
- providing advice on food safety and reliability in the food chain;
- new risk factors;
- evaluating possible risks posed by GMOs;
- providing advice and recommendations, whether requested or not, during food safety incidents and crises;
- participation in national and international committees on the standardisation and introduction of new analytical methods;
- helping to determine standards and guidelines tor the authorisation of new agricultural additives and foodstuffs;
- contributing to the development of policy guidelines in the area of food quality;
- participating in international committees, for example within the framework of the EU, the EFSA, Codex Alimentarius and the World Health Organization;
- evaluating specific files: providing evaluations and recommendations in response to requests, e.g. for the authorisation of GMOs and cattle feed additives; in such cases, attention is focused in particular on the health risks posed by the substances.