- Wageningen Food Safety Research plans the proficiency testing scheme and gives prior notice on the website.
- Previous participants will also be invited
- Interested laboratories register and order online
- If you want your personal information removed from the webaplication, please e-mail to email@example.com
Preparation and distribution
- Preparation and quality control testing of test materials
- Despatch of test materials and instructions to participants
- The preparation of the proficiency test materials can from time to time be subcontracted. When subcontracting occurs, it is placed with a competent subcontractor and Wageningen Food Safety Research is responsible for this work
- Laboratories test the samples using the laboratory’s own routine method
- Report of their results online to Wageningen Food Safety Research as instructed and within the specified deadline (usually within 6-7 weeks). The Wageningen Food Safety Research electronic reporting website offers a fast, simple and efficient way of submitting results.
- Results are analysed and the performance of laboratories assessed using appropriate statistical techniques
- Report is produced, including anonymised results, statistical analysis and evaluation of used method
- The report is issued/sent to the participants as soon as possible after the round closure.
View a report of Wageningen Food Safety Research.
If a laboratory has any doubts about the evaluation of their performance in a proficiency test, he should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. After investigation of this doubt, the laboratory will be informed on the outcome.