On Friday, 22 January 2010 an international scientific symposium 'Pepino mosaic virus; The European perspective' was held in the Conference Center 'Hof van Wageningen' at Wageningen.
9.15 - 12.00 Various lectures on:
- the status of PepMV in Europe
- the results of the PEPEIRA project
- reliable PepMV detection
- the risks of the virus for the European tomato industry
12.00 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 17.00 Discussion programme:
- Which factors contribute to PepMV spread and damage in Europe?
- How is the European tomato industry economically affected by PepMV?
- Is control of PepMV in the European tomato industry feasible?
- What could the role of the various stakeholders be in control of PepMV?
- How can the results of the Pepeira project contribute to the future EU policy?