Natural surroundings can benefit human health in many ways. Wageningen University & Research studies issues concerning the optimal design and management of natural surroundings, the impact of landscape and urban design on social safety and possibilities for using the existing natural surroundings to influence human behaviour.
Examples of how natural surroundings can contribute to human health
- Recovery from stress;
- Promotion of social contact;
- Ensuring optimal childhood development;
- Stimulaion of personal development and providing a sense of purpose;
- As an impetus for exercise, reducing obesity.
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings