What are the food safety risks in an agricultural production chain? How do risks enter the chain and how do they increase or decrease? These questions are central to chain management, which can be applied to both animal and vegetable chains.
Experienced in chain management
RIKILT has extensive experience in the field of chain management. Important applications of chain management include:
- Optimising and neutralising the risks in agricultural chains
- Researching early warning systems
- Analysing (private) quality control systems and their use in agricultural chains
- Cataloguing, interpreting and implementing international legislation and standards
- Providing training and consultancy about the management and maintenance of food safety in agricultural chains (in the Netherlands, Indonesia and Thailand, amongst others)