To present your work at the ELLS Scientific Student Conference ‘Life Sciences: looking across disciplines’ you will have to submit an abstract of your project. The Conference is open for students from ELLS universities (Study program level BSc, MSc or first year PhD).
Download the book of abstracts:
Deadline for submission:
15 June 2018 30 June 2018 (23:59 o'clock).
Instructions on how to submit your abstract
Please read this instruction very carefully before you submit.
- Title: Maximum 30 words are allowed, do not format the title in bold or underline. Use capital letters only when absolutely necessary.
- Subtheme: Please allocate your abstract to a suitable subtheme that can be selected from a list in the submission form.
- Justification: Please explain why your abstract fits the chosen sub-theme. Maximum 70 words are allowed.
- Keywords: Between 3 and 5 keywords are required, describing your work.
- Abstract text: The text must be at least 200 words and cannot exceed 300 words, excluding the title and name(s) of author(s). Tables, graphics, photos etc. are not allowed.
- Presentation preferences: Please indicate your preference in this step. You can choose between an oral or poster presentation. If you have no preference tick both boxes. The Scientific Committee will decide upon the final division.
- Authors: Enter name and surname of authors, a maximum of 5 authors is allowed. If there is more than one author please be aware that only one person will be able to present during the conference. Choose who will present and who will attend the ELLS SSC 2018 as an audience. All names will be published in the book of abstracts. If your work was created in collaboration with a teacher from your university you can write the name under Acknowledgements.
- Acknowledgements: Type the name and surname of anyone who might have helped you with your work and abstract.
This system has an email confirmation, which will be sent just after submission of your abstract is done.
Corrections and withdrawal
Changes and withdrawals can be made until the deadline of
15 June 30 June. For corrections after submitting the form, you will have to submit a new version. The last version will be reviewed. All previously submitted versions will be deleted. If you wish to withdraw, please send an email to email@example.com. Write withdrawal in the subject.
For support during the submission process please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of abstracts
After 30 June a committee at each ELLS university will rate submitted abstracts from their university, and subsequently the best abstracts will be chosen for presentation. Afterwards all submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee, in July and August 2018. Authors will be notified in the beginning of September whether they have been selected. Details of assignment - poster or oral, will follow in due course.
Authors of the 5 top-grade abstracts at each university will receive an accommodation grant by Wageningen University & Research for 3 nights, Thursday - Sunday. The recipients will be notified directly by Wageningen University & Research as soon as they have been chosen. In addition, some universities may support authors with travel scholarships. Notification of this will also be given directly to the students.
|European member universities|
|SCIENCE||Ida Arendal Jørgensenemail@example.com|