Are you a consultant, knowledge purveyor or a specialist working for clients from policy, management and planning, on climate impacts and adaptation problems, especially in water, or water dependent sectors such as the agriculture? Do you need to translate the information from climate projections, whether short term or long term, to your client’s decision making needs? And do you want to enhance your capacity and skills to process and apply such data in a correct way? Do you want to make sure your advice on climate change problems are based on a sound understanding of the possibilities, limitations and uncertainties of those data? Do you have ideas on how the provisioning of such data could be improved to make your job easier? And last but not least, do you want to share your experiences and learn from colleagues from around Europe how they do climate knowledge brokering?
We developed a three day training on the application of climate model projections in different decision maker’s contexts. This training will work in real life decision making contexts and includes hands-on exercises to find, access, process and analyse climate data relevant to the problem at hand. The decision making contexts will be based on case studies provided by you.
The training builds on experiences gained in previous, similar courses and will use data search and access services developed and provided by:
- Climate4Impact, Exploring climate model data
- CLIPC, climate information portal
- SWICCA, Service for Water Indicators in Climate Change Adaptation
- Articulation of information needs for decision makers in various sectors (water management, agriculture, others)
- Do’s and don’ts in the use of climate data in case studies
- Model, scenario and data uncertainties of climate projections and seasonal forecasts
- Role of statistical downscaling, bias correction and other processing tools
- Visualisation, mapping and plotting of data
- Design your own indicators, combining with socio economic data
- Sharing experiences with knowledge brokering