Wageningen Youth Institute invites high school students throughout Europe to participate in the Global Challenge of the World Food Prize Foundation. To participate, students write a short report about a global challenge of their own interest.
Kick-off workshop 22 September 2022
To prepare and support students in writing the Global Challenge report, we offer kick-off workshops by students of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) on:
- 22 september 2022, 4 - 5 pm CEST
- 1 November 2022, 4 - 5 pm CET
- 8 December 2022, 4 - 5 pm CET
- 10 January 2023 , 4 - 5 pm CET
After registration you will receive the link to the online workshop.
The students will offer mini lectures and an explanation on how to write the Global Challenge report. After the workshops the WUR students will be available for questions and support up until the dates of the Youth Institutes.
If you are not available on the above dates, you can still register by clicking the 'no date' box. You can view the recording on this page and we will contact you about guidance of a student of Wageningen University.
- Introduction to the Global Challenge and World Food Prize Foundation by Mirjam Troost
Mirjam is coordinator of the Wageningen Youth Institute
- Explanation of writing the Global Challenge by Marloes Ruiter Marloes studies at Wageningen University and participated in the Wageningen Youth Institute when she was still at high school
Wageningen Youth Institute
After handing in the Global Challenge report the high school students will interact in (online) round table sessions with fellow students and experts, such as World Food Prize laureates and University professors, at Wageningen Youth Institute on 16 March 2023.
At this event students will be selected to join the Global Youth Institute in October 2023 in Des Moines, US. At the expense of the Wageningen Youth Institute and the World Food Prize Foundation. So you can win a very inspiring trip!