The central topic of the conference is ‘nutrition disparity and equity’ of the socially and economically disadvantaged. This conference will focus on disparities in dietary habits and lifestyle with an orientation towards health potential rather than health difference. Attention and effort is directed to early stages of life and economic and social conditions of those who may benefit most from dietary and lifestyle improvements.
The conference will address several themes, including:
- Promoting healthy nutrition and lifestyle and creating a theoretical framework on nutrition disparities.
- Factors explaining the (in) efficacy of organized efforts to support and evaluate healthy eating behaviour.
- The (mis) match between public moralities and notions of ‘the good life’ among socially vulnerable target groups, and how to learn from each other.
- Participation/empowerment of target groups and the role of health/nutrition professionals.
- The local, national and global context of nutrition, disparity and equity.
The conference facilitates an interdisciplinary platform for researchers from social and nutrition sciences to present state-of-the-art knowledge and insights on nutrition disparities and equity. The conference aims at bringing together researchers from multidisciplinary fields, thereby building a network to coordinate and organize interdisciplinary efforts to set up a research network “Nutrition Disparity and Equity”, so as to support the objectives of the 4-years research and training programme of the Edema-Steernberg Foundation for the longer term.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Professor Jane South, School of Health & Community Studies, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Professor Hedwig te Molder, Strategic Communication Group, Wageningen University & Research, NL
- Dr. Mary Nicolaou, Department of Public Health, University of Amsterdam, NL
- Professor Marianne de Visser, The Netherlands Scientific Council for Government Policy, The Hague, NL
09.30 Welcome and opening
09.40 Plenary lectures by invited speakers
11.15 Parallel sessions
13.30 Student contribution
13.45 Plenary lecture
14.15 Parallel sessions
15.45 Plenary lecture
Registration and information
Registration for the conference will open in July 2019.
Junior scientists (PhDs and postdocs) will be offered the possibility to present their work through pitches and/or oral presentations.
The conference will be offered free of charge.
To express your interest in this conference and to receive the second announcement please send an e-mail to: email@example.com