After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
1. Distinguish and contrast fundamental theories related to business decision making;
2. Debate contemporary themes in business theory;
3. Appraise relevant business theories for business problems in uncertain, complex and dynamic business environments;
4. Propose research questions for business oriented scientific research;
5. Evaluate business decision theories for their own research.
- tutorials in which main texts on business theories are intensively prepared and discussed;
- tutorials in which contemporary themes are assessed;
- a case study in which a case is elaborated from different theoretical perspectives;
- an individual short paper transforming case-relevant theories into testable hypotheses, research questions and empirical applications.
- short individual paper (50%);
- written test in which knowledge on theories is tested (50%).
The written test requires a minimum of 5.5 to pass.
| Session 1
| Session 2
| Session 3
| Session 4
| Session 5
| Session 6
| WGS PhDs with an approved TSP
|| 200 euro
| a) All other PhD candidates b) Postdocs and staff of the above mentioned Graduate Schools
|| 450 euro
|| 700 euro
The participants can cancel their registration free of charge 1 month before the course starts. A cancellation fee of 100% applies if a participant cancels his/her registration less than 1 month prior to the start of the course.
The organisers have the right to cancel the course no later than one month before the planned course start date in the case that the number of registrations does not reach the minimum.
The participants will be notified of any changes at their e-mail addresses.