Active Bystander intervention training
Ever wondered what you could to intervene when you see unwanted behavior occur to others? In this course, you will learn tactics that you can use to act.
Racism, bullying, sexual harassment and other inappropriate behaviours contribute to a toxic culture. The impact they have on people can be hugely detrimental – leading to stress, anxiety and mental health problems. As we are seeing in the news, it can be deeply corrosive and damaging if these behaviours and attitudes are normalised over time. That’s why it’s essential for everyone to know how to speak up when problems arise.
This training gives you the skills to challenge unacceptable behaviours, including those which may have become normalised over time.
You will learn how to:
overcome fear and paralysis in challenging situations
use the right words and expressions when challenging behaviors
- tackle ‘micro-inequities’, including eye-rolling, sighing, constant interruptions and unconscious bias
Content and design
Online course with presentations, and discussions based on case studies.
|Content and design||Online course with presentations, and discussions based on case studies|
|Target group||WUR PhD candidates and postdocs|
|Course duration||75 minutes|
- WIMEK, WASS, WIAS, PE&RC, EPS and VLAG PhDs with TSP and WUR postdocs registered with WUR graduate school: €15.00
- Other WUR PhD candidates: €30.00
- SENSE PhD candidates with TSP €30.00
- All other PhD candidates: € 45.00
For within the department of ESG, an internal calculation will be done. For other WUR participants, the course fee will be paid following an intercompany send to your chair group. For non-WUR participants, an invoice will be sent.
- Up to 1 (one) week prior to the start of the course, cancellation is free of charge.
- In case of cancellation within one week prior to the start of the course, a fee of € 30,- will be charged.
- If you do not show at all, a fee of € 45,- will nevertheless be charged.
Note: If you would like to cancel your registration, ALWAYS inform us (and do note that you will be kept to the cancellation conditions).