COP27 event: Vision - scaling up Urgent Action to Address the Biodiversity and Climate crises
This session will focus on the urgency and scale of actions by policy-makers, institutions, and all stakeholders across scales. It will bring youth, civil society, the private sector, and governments together in a constructive dialogue to ensure the urgency and scale of implementation needed is materialised to secure biodiversity, a stable climate, and sustainable development for all. It also provides an opportunity for the Glasgow Leaders' Declaration on Forests and Land Use, agreed at UNFCCC COP26, to share its progress to date, as well as look ahead to the CBD COP15 and adoption of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
- Session of the Biodiversity Thematic Day on the subject ‘the importance of policy coherence and Public-Private Partnerships towards the conservation and restoration of biodiversity and the mitigation of and adaption to climate and nature’.
- Vision pillar: Policy Development and Innovative Technologies to address the climate and biodiversity crises
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, UNDP
- Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union
- Ghada Waly, Executive Director, UNODC
- Jeanne Nel - Wageningen University & Research