The board of the Netherlands Alumni Association of Tanzania (NAAT) and the Netherlands Alumni Association of Kenya (NAAK) are pleased to invite you to Mashariki Summit 2021 from Tuesday 21 September to Thursday 23 September 2021.
The summit titled "Pathways to addressing food security and improved nutrition in Kenya and Tanzania during COVID Times" is a collaborative forum dedicated to key emerging questions linking the COVID-19 pandemic and agriculture, food, nutrition and security in Kenya and Tanzania.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Mashariki Summit 2021 will be held virtually in September 2021. The Summit will bring together over 200 participants from Kenya, Tanzania, the Netherlands and globally with several virtual sessions held over the course of 3 days, from 21 September to 23 September.
For more information, visit the website.
Interested in attending? Register via the button:
- Transformation of food systems as a response to COVID-19
- Dairy, horticulture and aquaculture value chains in Kenya and Tanzania
- Climate change and climate-smart investments across food systems
- Legislation, policies and partnerships to avert crisis
- Food security and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Technological advancements in food security
- Partnerships and skills transfer at local, regional and global levels
- Agribusiness financing
The summit is open to everyone passionate about global food and nutrition security. The event will feature participation from key stakeholders in the sector such as:
- The Netherlands Alumni (OKP, NFP, MSP, NICHE) from Kenya,
Tanzania and globally with backgrounds in agriculture, food and
- Policy makers and practitioners
- Government representatives
- Researchers, academics and students
- Business community (Netherlands, Kenya, Tanzania and global)