Towards Sustainable Livestock Systems
Livestock systems play a crucial role in reaching global goals. How can we stimulate action towards a climate-neutral, biodiversity-friendly and food secure livestock sector?
The governments of the Netherlands, New Zealand, Colombia and Kenya, the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) and Wageningen University and Research (WUR) are honored to invite you to the UNFCCC COP26 side-event ‘Towards Sustainable livestock systems’.
- Minister of Agriculture of New Zealand, Damien O’Connor
- Principal Secretary, State Department for Livestock of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives of Kenya, Harry Kimutai
- Simon Oosting, Head Animal Production Systems Group of Wageningen University and Research
- Susan Arts, Social Designer at TwijnstraGudde
- Sinead Waters, Research Officer at TEAGASC and co-chair Livestock Research Group of the Global Research Alliance on Agriculture Greenhouse Gases
- Emma Naluyima, Ugandan smallholder farmer and private veterinarian
- Mark Casey, General Manager - Trade Strategy & Stakeholder Affairs - Europe, Middle East & Africa at Fonterra
- Jorge Mario Diaz, Executive Director of AGROSAVIA, Colombian Corporation of Agricultural Research
- Caroline Plante, Senior Agriculture Specialist, Agriculture and Food Global Practice, World Bank
- Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Colombia, Rodolfo Zea Navarro
- Minister of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality of the Netherlands, Carola Schouten