The Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (CTA) has an opening for an intern within the Corporate Services Department (CSD). The Corporate Services Department provides all the Centre’s needs in the areas of infrastructure, budget management, personnel management, contractual affairs, information & technology.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries.
It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities.
Under the guidance and supervision of the CSD manager, the intern will carry out the following activities:
- Help to shape and execute the rebuild and management of CTA’s corporate intranet as a visually appealing, user-friendly and up-to-date internal collaboration and knowledge management hub.
- Oversee day-to-day operation and maintenance of intranet, ensuring the accuracy of its online content.
- Support and continually develop a best-in-class intranet community aligned with our staff needs and culture.
- Develop and manage processes and schedules for updating and refreshing the intranet content.
- Track and analyze digital metrics.
- Propose, develop and evaluate initiatives to make better use of intranet as a collaboration tool.
- Create and execute comprehensive intranet-based project plans defining goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets for internal stakeholders. Manage our project delivery processes including quality assurance.
- Develop and deliver both group and one-on-one training, and provide advice and operational support to intranet content authors.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and emerging technologies in the intranet/online communications space, including user experience and enterprise collaboration.
Academic qualifications, experience and skills
- Recent graduate, 29 years old maximum.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp – and the European Union Member States).
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications or public policy.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other.
- Experience in developing and implementing intranet/internet content, online newsletters and working knowledge of graphics and design.
- Good project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work effectively with staff at all levels and in particular within a team.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, taking initiative and delivering high-quality customer service.
- Functional understanding of SharePoint, MS Project, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop) and Web analytics tools.
- Be well versed in digital best practices and plugged into emerging trends in the ever-changing digital space.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 for holder of a Bachelor’s degree € 1,000 for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident during the internship.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Mieke Muijres (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title ‘Intranet Internship Application’.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae);
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.