The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA has an opening for an intern within the Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC) Programme.
Do you love communications? Are you addicted to Facebook? Do you Tweet a bit too much? Are you up on all the videos about to go viral on YouTube? What about agricultural and rural development? Would you like to turn your passion into an internship? We provide you with an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications.
As part of our new digital team, you will work closely with our Marketing Programme Coordinator and Social Media agency to assist in the roll out of a brand new social media strategy for CTA. In addition, you will create and post content, animate discussions and manage the content planning.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible the following activities:
- Assist CTA’s digital media team to implement the new CTA’s social media strategy.
- Assist in the development of a social media content planning tool and be responsible for keeping it updated, revising it as necessary to reflect news and updates across CTA’s websites.
- Work with CTA’s digital media team to support and develop the use of social media tools in relation to the CTA’s websites.
- Contribute content for various social networking sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn.
- Create content for blogs, CTA event websites and e-newsletters when required.
- Propose standardized training/information for all new interns on social media at CTA.
- Work with the social media agency to produce regular reports on the impact/effectiveness of content in generating discussion and building a community.
Academic qualifications, experience and skills
- Recent graduate, between 22 and 29 years old (maximum).
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
- University degree / Masters in marketing, communication, business or related discipline.
- Experience in social media preferred, particularly in a research, international development or policy context.
- Proficient in all social media tools and platforms e.g. HootSuite and/or Social Sprout.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for delivering high standards when multitasking and working to tight deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other one.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae );
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘social media internship application’. Deadline for applications: 10 March 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Starting date March/April 2014
Duration 6 months (renewable once)
Location Wageningen, The Netherlands
Closing date for application 10 March 2014 or until the position is filled.