If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of education, science, or culture, then an internship at UNESCO will be ideal for you. The UNESCO Internship Programme offers you practical work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas. Aside from helping you understand the Organization’s mandate, programmes, and main thrusts, it also enhances your academic knowledge with relevant work assignments that can help you prepare for your future career.
Your tasks for the internship will be:
- Assist with the design and development of a toolbox that builds capacity to enable citizen science and youth-collected data and research.
- Conduct a desk review on the activities of the Natural Sciences Sector’s and key partners on Citizen Science in relation to the SDGs, compile and format ( with references) the relevant information as content for the online toolkit in consultation with Steering Committee for the Youth Citizen Science Toolkit.
- Research, propose and assist with the selection of an open source online platform to host the toolkit and adapt it for the objectives of the toolkit.
- Design the webpage for the toolkit in consultation with the steering committee and SC/EO (communications representative).
- Assist with the organization of events/ meetings related to the toolkit.
- Design communication tools for the toolkit including; a short video to explain how it works, fact sheets/brochures and social media posts.
- Assist with the promotion of the toolkit and mobilizing youth to use it through social media platforms.
- Contribute to other youth engagement activities and tasks as may be required.