Are you a computer vision and robotics researcher with interest in designing innovative and practical solutions for agro-food research domain? Does working in an inter-disciplinary group of researchers excite you? Do you want to play a role in conducting applied research and provide state of the art solutions to the agro-food industry? Then let us know quickly that you want to strengthen our growing team!
We are looking for:
We are looking for a skilled computer vision and robotics researcher, full of initiative and with good communication skills, and affinity for finding innovative solutions. Together with your colleagues in the Agro Food Robotics and Post-Harvest Technology groups, you conduct new research for our clients, pick up on the latest scientific developments and translate them into practical applications.
You are experienced in 2D/3D image analysis, NIR or hyperspectral image processing, deep learning (and classical machine learning), robotics, or related expertise and use this knowledge to solve complex real-world problems.
Do you have the skills?
As an Agro Food Robotics researcher, you have good analytical skills. You have the critical and creative attitude of a researcher, but also keep an eye on what project choices mean for the clients. For this reason, the ability to communicate well with your colleagues and clients is an important characteristic. You can also express yourself well in writing, both to clients and in scientific publications.
With us, you get the chance to learn many new things, and to make a personal contribution to innovative projects. We expect that you can function well both independently and in a team, in several projects simultaneously. This requires flexibility and a focus on solutions.
- You are a practically minded academic with strong communication skills (with a relevant degree, e.g. computer vision, robotics, artificial intelligence or similar), preferably with a PhD degree.
- You have experience or a strong affinity with innovative research,
- You have work experience in a business environment
- You are enterprising, take the initiative, and have a strong focus on results,
- You are interested in the latest scientific developments, and know how to translate these to practical applications,
- You are capable of building and maintaining a network and client base,
- You have a good verbal and written command of Dutch and English.