Tradin Organic is looking for a sustainability intern, who will form a part of the international Sourcing & Sustainability team. This team consists of locally stationed field scouts and agronomists who work directly with farmers and processors to initiate and support conversion projects, scout for new suppliers, items or ideas and more generally continuously ensure the quality and organic integrity of our products. This local presence has enabled Tradin Organic to build a number of successful sourcing projects worldwide that provide them with a steady and secure supply of a wide range of organic ingredients.
The Sustainability intern will be closely working with the Sustainability Manager, who is responsible for defining and implementing the global sustainability agenda for Tradin Organic. One of the most important tasks will be the clear communication and visualization of the environmental and social impacts of Tradin Organic’s ongoing activities worldwide. You would start at the first of May, 2021.
Your tasks, responsibilities and objectives
- Support in the monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of our sourcing projects, and visualize this progress (impact two-pagers)
- Measuring the carbon footprint in one or more Tradin Organic integrated value chains
- Monitoring the progress of a social standard program at Tradin Organic
- Contribute to internal and external communication on sustainability and sourcing projects
- The tasks will include regular contact with both Tradin’s EU and USA sales offices, quality, sourcing and logistical department
- Currently studying for a bachelor or master in a field related to sustainable (agricultural) development
- Enrolled at a Dutch higher education institution
- Currently living in the Netherlands
- Strong drive to understand and implement carbon footprint measurement and offsetting schemes within Tradin Organic and its customers
- Affinity with, and knowledge on, organic agriculture and its links with sustainability
- Knowledge on, or interest to learn, about social standards
- Knowledge of important social and environmental sustainability topics and reporting methods
- Affinity with design and external communication
- Skills / characteristics: self-starter, critical thinker, independent worker, curious, analytical, problem-solving, communicative, creative
- Excellent proficiency of the English language (verbal and written), Dutch or another language (German, French, Spanish) is a plus
- Availability for at least 20 weeks
The conditions of employment we offer
- An exciting and challenging internship in a rapidly growing international company;
- A fulltime internship (40 hours) for the period of at least 20 weeks, starting from May 1, 2021
- A workspace right in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
- Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment;
- An informal and professional company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude.
Interested? Contact Joanne Leerlooijer.