The World Federation of Public Health Associations offers unpaid internships in the International Office in Geneva, Switzerland. We are currently looking for an intern in Social Media and Communication, starting from Mid November 2019, for at least 3 months.
WFPHA offers a unique environment for an internship for students in international health and development. Interns are given substantial responsibility for performing activities such as researching and writing articles for the newsletter, establishing contact with health and development NGOs around the world, planning international conferences, and fundraising. Each internship is structured to suit the needs and interests of the intern, such as working on an individual research assignment, as well as the requirements of WFPHA. Interns may have the opportunity to participate in the formulation of WFPHA policy resolutions or papers, depending on circumstances.
During the course of the internship, the intern will further develop his/her writing and research skills and become more familiar with the key issues and actors in international health and development. They will have extensive networking opportunities as WFPHA is an international NGO in official relations with WHO, and has extensive contacts with other organizations worldwide. No travel opportunities will be provided.
We use Social Media creatively to engage and reach out to global audiences and encourage them to learn about public health.
We work together with our members in more than 120 countries to support each other’s communication efforts, build communities and strengthen our joint impact for both internal and external community building and engagement.
- Support social media initiatives and campaigns on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Contribute to using video as a way of engaging our audiences
- Carry out community building tasks and projects to improve our reach to members
- Promote engagement in our internal community tool
Qualification and Experience
- University or post-graduate degree in Communications, International Relations or other relevant subject
- English: a must, French and others: a plus
- Comfortable with new technologies
- Experience making and editing videos, graphic skills and posting on social media
- Excellent writing skills (newsletter, reporting, blogs)
- Eager to work within a multicultural and international environment
- Passionate about social media and digital technology
- Proactive, enthusiastic and creative
- A good team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Good at multi-tasking and working with strict deadlines
WFPHA internships are unpaid. The organization does not cover re-location expenses and does not sponsor international student visas.