MSc thesis topic: Impact of open geodata
The last decade and increasing number of data has been made available as open data. The majority of this data are geospatial. Governmental organisation around the world are moving into this direction for transparency reason, but also to engage business and citizens to utilize this data for innovative applications . Until now little is known about the real impact of this movement.
The overall objective of this topic is to investigate to what extend open data leads to the envisioned benefits or has it also drawbacks.
- To develop or select a method to measure the impact of open data
- To apply the developed/selected method on a case study dataset (s)
- Loenen, B. van, Bregt, A.K., Bruinenberg, J., Castelein, W., Doorn, L. van, , Juffermans, P., Kulk, S., Mourik, D. van, Oosterom, P. van, Ploeger, H., Quak, W., Vries, M. de en Zweistra, M. (2012). Open data and beyond: Exploring existing open data projects to prepare a successful open data strategy. Delft : OTB, 2012.
- Grus, L., Castelein, W.T., Crompvoets, J.W.H.C., Overduin, T., Loenen, B. van, Groenestijn, A., Rajabifard, A., Bregt, A.K. (2011). An assessment view to evaluate whether Spatial Data Infrastructures meet their goals. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 35 (3). - p. 217 - 229.
- Kulk, S., B. van Loenen, Brave New Open Data World? International Journal of Spatial Data Infrastructures Research, 2012, Vol.7, 196-206.
Theme: Empowering & engaging communities