At Max Foundation, we aim to fight against childhood mortality and ‘stunting’ - being too small for one’s age - in the most effective way. We believe in a healthy start for every child. We currently operate in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Ethiopia. Data analysis, entrepreneurship, and advocacy are tools that we use to create the most impact in providing children with a healthy environment to grow up in. Even in the most low-access, hard-to-reach regions. We designed an approach that combines Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) with nutrition and essential care to counter the prevalence of easily preventable diseases. We always work together with communities and community health promoters, as well as local entrepreneurs and government, to ensure that the results are sustained and long-lasting.
What’s the position?
As Communications and Advocacy intern, you’ll support our Communications Manager in implementing a communications strategy internally as well as externally, and will help to put Max Foundation on the map nationally and internationally - building a strong brand while showcasing our impact.
As an organization we are growing and scaling, and therefore our global communication strategy needs to adapt. We are looking for someone to help us navigate these changes!
Are you an upcoming communications or policy professional, looking to apply your skills at an impact-driven organization that works? Are you excited to work in a small team coordinating large, international communication projects? Are you ready to take on responsibility where necessary? Then this might be a great posting for you!
What are your responsibilities?
- You’ll support our Communications Manager in managing all online & offline communications means. This will include content-writing on Max Foundation’s core topics (for long-reads as well as for various communications campaigns) as well as support on the upkeep of our digital communication & website Google Ads & analytics Social media channels Newsletter (quarterly)
- You’ll support the coordination of the monthly global communications meetings, with team-members in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and the Netherlands.
- You’ll support our Communications Manager in implementing the new internal communication strategy & guidelines, as well as the creation of a global communications policy.
- You’ll support in PR and media outreach to help Max Foundation build its network and influence. You’ll support on the organisation of various debates & events on the topic of undernutrition.
- You’ll handle some office management tasks and support on administrative activities for the team.
Who are you?
- You have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both in Dutch and English. You really enjoy writing.
- You have great affinity with policy and advocacy in the field of development cooperation You are independent, self-motivated & flexible.
- You are result oriented & creative: you enjoy brainstorming, finding solutions, and implementing them. You are social media savvy.
- You are not afraid of jumping on the phone to approach people/organisations.
- You are able and willing to come to the office in Amsterdam (currently once a week).
- It would be great if you have experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Advertising (SEA), & Content Management Systems (CMSs).
We’re looking for a student (or recent graduate) to start mid-August/early September and commit to at least 4 days a week, for a period of 4 to 6 months. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at an international NGO with an ambitious mission. We will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. An internship allowance of €200 a month will be paid.
Are you interested? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 12th 2020, however applications will be handled on a rolling basis.