Trees4socialactivation app (MSc)
Research internship and/or Master thesis in which a Trees4socialactiviation app will be build and tested.
Within the project ‘De ontwikkeling van Kritische Prestatie Indicatoren (KPI’s) voor het toepassen van bomen in de verstedelijkte omgeving.’ (The development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the application of trees in the urban environment.) Wageningen Research, four municipalities (Den Haag, Leeuwarden, Weert and Rotterdam) and five tree nursery companies have joined forces to cocreate an app to measure, analyse and communicate the performance of recently planted trees. A participatory process among all engaged parties resulted in three KPI’s to be developed. This research internship and/or master thesis is about the KPI on social activation. The idea behind the Trees4social activation app is to combine research and social activation by measuring, analysing, and communicating the performance of recently planted trees. The design requires an operationalisation of social activation in measurable units that can be translated in to questions on social activation in relation to trees in cities linked to a Geographic Information System.
- To measure social activation in relation to trees in cities through green mapping; and
- To build/design an application to measure and to support social activation.
The work in this thesis entails:
- Testing questions on social activation in relation to trees in cities to ensure significant data; and
- Building an application proof-of-concept that measures and communicates results on social activation in relation to trees in cities.
- Courses: Programming in Python (INF22306), Software Engineering (INF32306)
Key words: Application, Trees, Social Activation, Green mapping
Will Hurst (firstname.lastname@example.org)