- 500 g of broccoli
- 1 package of plantbased chicken pieces
- 1 onion, cut in small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 400 g of mushrooms, sliced
- Curry powder
- 75 g of plantbased butter (e.g. Becel original 100% plantaardig vloeibare boter)
- 75 g of flour
- Vegetable stock
- Vegan cheese to taste
- Curry powder
- Ready-to-use breadcrumbs (paneermeel)
- Optional: Plantbased creamer to taste (e.g. Alpro soy creamer; Oatly Organic Creamy oat cream)
1. Sautee the onions, garlic, plantbased chicken pieces and mushrooms. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli until it’s nice and tender.
2. Add curry powder, salt and pepper to the onion-garlic-chicken-mushroom mixture. Set it aside when everything is tender.
3. Preheat your oven at 180 ° C.
4. In a seperate pan, prepare your cream sauce. This goes as follows:
- Heat your pan and melt the butter in it.
- Stir in SLOWELY the flour bit by bit. Keep stirring until a ball of dough has formed that does not stick to the bottom of the pan anymore.
- SLOWELY pour in the vegetable stock bit by bit and keep stirring with a wisk until you get a thick and saucy consistency.
- Add creamer to taste if you like.
5. Add curry, salt, pepper and vegan cheese to your cream sauce.
6. Cut the broccoli in bite size pieces.
7. In an oven dish, first put a layer of the ‘’chicken’’ mixture. Secondly, add a layer of your broccoli. Now add a layer of you creamsauce. Top it off with vegan cheese and bread crumbs
8. Put the oven dish in the oven for +/- 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it inbetween
9. Serve with rice or fried potato slices/baby potatoes (krieltjes)
> Do not be too hard on yourself, start for example with a vegan challenge (vegan week).
> Try to cook a tasty dish for your non-vegan friends, this way you can show them how nice vegan food can be!
> De groene meisjes (Dutch) and She glows (English) for recipe inspiration.
> Take extra vitamin B12.
> Gewoonvegan.nl lists all vegan sweets available in the supermarket!