Student Conference Grant
Are you a student at Wageningen University & Research and have you been invited to give a presentation about your master's thesis or internship at a national or international conference? Then apply for a Student Conference Grant!
A contribution from the Student Conference Grant is a maximum of 50% of the travel and accommodation costs incurred. If applicable, the conference fee will be 100% reimbursed. Food and drink is not subsidized.
Who is eligible?
- be enrolled as a student at WUR or have graduated no more than 6 months ago.
- have been invited to a conference
- give a (poster) presentation at the conference
- have a written recommendation from their academic supervisor
Activities that do not qualify:
- Presentations that are not linked to your study program in Wageningen, for example based on your volunteer work.
- An application submitted after the conference.
- Joining a conference only as a visitor
- Costs for fieldwork, data collection, materials, etc. in the context of an internship or thesis.
- The costs of an extended stay as a tourist
- Online presentations from Wageningen/your hometown
How to apply
Fill in the application form via the button below.
Applications can be submitted continuously and will be processed within 10 working days. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We expect applicants to book economy flights and accommodation that is affordable for students. Applications with very high costs for travel and accommodation will not be honored.
Students who are eligible for the Student Conference Grant must submit a complete application and account for their participation afterwards.
After the conference, participants must:
- submit a written final report and photos of your presentation and of your research work (if applicable)
- send the justification of your costs (receipts, ticket, etc.)
- contribute to PR for the University Fund Wageningen. This grant is possible thanks to donations from graduates and (former) employees. We would like to show them what they have contributed to.
Only after submitting your final report, photos and justification will you receive the remaining amount in your account. For more information about payment, see the FAQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a maximum to the grant?
Can you apply for this grant multiple times?
When will I receive the money in my account?
I don't know exactly what the costs will be, so I made an estimate. Will I receive the estimated amount?
Is a presentation on an ACT project eligible for this grant?
Is your question not listed? Please contact us via the contact form at the top of the page! Note: Questions for which the answer can be found on this webpage will not be answered.